Local authorities continue to have an important role in the provision of high quality education and training in their area, notwithstanding recent changes in the way schools and local authorities work together. The local authority remains a principle provider of training and support for governors and governing bodies throughout England and Wales.
Newport Educational provides support for local authorities in both their strategic work in school improvement, as well as training, advice and guidance for governing bodies through our comprehensive development programmes.
In particular, Newport Educational offer support to a local authority where:
- The local authority is now required to outsource governor training and development
- A local authority seeks additional governor training and development to supplement their existing programme
- There is a need for a local authority to have an increased capacity to deliver both in-house and centre-based governor training
Newport Educational also has extensive local authority-based experience in supporting governing bodies of schools in difficulty. We offer:
- A confidential, independent report or ‘health check’ on the quality of governance in a particular school
- Tailored development, coaching and training for governing bodies of schools in difficulty
- Specific support for clerking and clerking services